On this WWDC day

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 10 01:26:39 CEST 2008

On Jun 9, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Andy Tarpinian schreef:
>
>> It's like having an Exchange server for your email, contacts/
>> calendar,
>> photos, and files - with 20gigs space plus a really nice web
>> interface
>> for 8.25 a month.
>
> But... Google are doing this for free, don't they?

I don't know a ton about all the google stuff

I believe google mail is imap so not a "push" "Exchange" type service
The google calendar that gets synced is the google web calendar and I
believe the only desktop program that it can sync with 2 ways is
Outlook(not a free program and not on mac) - I could be wrong on this!
Is there a google contacts syncing thing?
Syncing Photos?
+ you get a total of 20 gig of space with the account that you can use
as a virtual storage space that mounts on your mac (iDisk)

Again not sure if I am right on all of those points so someone correct
me if I am wrong. Either way it's not necessarily ment for tech savy
people, it's a easy way to sync everything.