UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 6 16:54:43 CEST 2008

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net wrote:
> 1) Drive to work, pay through the nose for the privilage
> 2) don't work and take from the state.
>
> so, if I do the first, I'm scum because I'm polluting the planet. If I do
> the second I'm scum because I'm sponging off the state.

3) become an international criminal mastermind
4) Get a job, or create a job, which is close by with (disclosed)
earnings slightly below the poverty line AND sponge off the state for
free healthcare etc. so you can afford to live.

I read people moaning all the time about how hard their life is and how
much they pay in TAX to support spongers. Why not do something about it
and protect your earnings from all this TAX by driving less, doing less
of the heavily taxed things like smoking and drinking, being damn clever
and avoiding wads of TAX on your income by totally untraceable naughty
or legal methods or do as millions of others do and accept that it is
very hard to earn above the poverty line without incurring so much extra
tax and costs that all the superficial niceties may seem like a waste of
time compared with part-time Peter across the street who is nearly
always sunning himself in the local pub beer garden, day in, day out and
never seems to be working. He's dressed abysmally, doesn't have a
Blackberry, isn't balding yet at 48 and he's happy enough most of the
time, except when that suited up pink balding Larry Arsewad who's only
29 and works for some UK based importer of Sweatshop goods comes to the
pub flashing his latest £4,000 Rolex and gadgets and starts nagging his
chops about Peter being a lazy bastard who will never come to anything
in life working so few hours a week.
Yeah, at least Peters got nice hair and a clear conscience ;)

blah. I've been resigned to not having wads of cash for decades. Don't
mind one bit really.
:)