UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 12:39:56 CEST 2008

Martin Naef wrote:
> According to what we hear from the US car manufacturing industry, it
> does work: The sale of petrol guzzling SUVs collapsed. That's good.

I do believe that is also due, to a large degree, to the rest of the
world giving SUV drivers a hard time on blogs and in chatrooms ;)
These vehicles are pointless for 99% of the drivers in them.

> There is always a connection between the price of a certain good and the
> amount that is bought/used, although it's usually not linear.

The addicted will find ways to pay, or ways to justify just about
anything. And I'm not just talking about cigarettes or other drugs.

> Looking around on the streets, there obviously is an alternative:
> Smaller, more efficient cars, and more than one person in the car at the
> same time. So even without decent public transpart, there's potential.

But the UK does have a majority of sensible (lol, read communist)
vehicles on the road even before the drive (lol) to awaken the
conscience (lol) of inner city 4x4 and crazy sports car aficionados.

;)