UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 12:14:08 CEST 2008

Martin Naef schreef:
> Hi Gert
>
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>>> Well, some countries and places still do invest into public transport...
>> Yes. But does it get any better? I dare to say it doesn't even
>> stay the same quality.
>
> I can only comment from the distance these days, but in Switzerland they
> certainly increased density, recently shortened various trips (e.g.
> Zurich-Berne is about 10-15 minutes faster now), and reacted to current
> trends in society by providing a lot of late-night connections. I think
> there was also quite some investment into ICE connections in Germany.
>
> So yes, it *does* get better if there is a will.

OK, I have to say that Switzerland had a very good railway net,
and it has been getting better (but it has always been good).
Perhaps it works there because they are not in the EU?

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n