UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 11:03:46 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Kristin does not drive a car. She is dependant on a 1 hour bus
> ride every morning and evening to get to her work and come home.
> She can ride with one of her collegues to work most of the time,
> but sometimes this collegue has other stuff to do. Then I have to
> drive her... by car... This costs us a load of gas/money and I
> lose one and a half hour on those days.

Collegue - Coll-ee-gew : Like a colleague, but smaller.

I've done a few small bits of work recently and used public transport.
It took about 4 hours of travel on buses to get to these places, that's
2 hours one way 2 back. When I got there, in both the jobs I was really
hard pressed to make them even last an hour or two (computer 'problems'
and making changes to the network etc.) and my hourly rate is only £15
with no call out (it's a charity run by the other half so I'm not going
to be a total cnut and milk it)

With a daily ticket on the bus costing approaching £3, it is not really
cheaper to go by bus at all and it wastes 4x the time.

Yeuch. No wonder I just shrug off work and stay at home if I can...

:)