{butt} Plugiator

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 4 16:15:43 CEST 2008

On Jun 4, 2008, at 7:44 AM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

>> There is nothing special about the dealers role.  'Most risk' is
>> mute as
>> a lot of dealers have agreements with the distrubutors that allow
>> returns = no risk.
>>

> No really, James.  If you have a brick and mortar shop selling
> synthesizers, you own those synthesizers until you sell them to a
> customer. Very, very few synth manufacturers will do this sort of
> product return deal.  Its cash up front for X-amount of stock, and
> then its a done deal.

Or a lot of time they buy the units when ordered, it goes both ways
but I have seen a lot of situations in music stores where if it's not
a korg or roland etc... it's a special order and cannot be returned by
you to the shop for a refund. Also on online orders drop shipping
direct from the manufacturer happens a lot in the pro audio and video
biz here.

Things have changed a bit though, now you can go to any big music
store and get a Virus in stock - a few years ago that was not the case.

maybe there is another reason they are always in stock though...