Freaky Gear: SMART Hybrid

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 2 18:29:15 CEST 2008

So our big fat Mercedes went into the shop today for some badly needed
maintenance in advance of our summer driving holiday (w00t!) and in
the meantime I've been given a little SMART Hybrid to drive around.

Let me tell you, there's something very definitely *WEIRD* about a car
that turns itself off when you hit the brake and come to a stop, even
a crawl, then powers back up when you hit the gas .. very freaky
stuff, but after 10 minutes in the Vienna Gürtel I see the big fat
point right away: if every car did this, we'd be a hell of a lot
better off ..

Still, its bloody small.  Too small, even, for a spot for Flynn, so
I'm glad there's only a couple days of it to go and then we revert
back to pure decadence ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan