music servers, remotes, etc..

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 26 14:49:35 CEST 2008

I use a pair of Roku Soundbridges.  Work flawlessly with wired or wireless
Ethernet and sounds great.  My house has wired Ethernet in every room so I
use the wired connection.  I always have preferred the hard trunk to
wireless ho ha.  The wireless works though.  The VFD display is easily
readable and you get internet radio streaming to boot. Another upside, it
isn't particularly expensive new.  It's common used on ebay.  Put one
everywhere you have an amp input.

http://www.roku.com/products_soundbridge.php

I'm just using Microsoft's Media sharing but it also works with many other
bridge options.  My server currently holds around 18,000 tracks and the
bridge seems to have little problem in managing it all.  Browsing by track
may take a while though! ;)

James R. Coplin

Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class