Just received my iPhone 3G :-)

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 21 20:23:59 CEST 2008

> Yes there are silly apps, but in my mind it is a good sign. It mean
> that apple is not being picky on who they let on the app store.

Well .. silly apps are one thing.  Sanitized apps are another thing
entirely.

> Anyone
> can be a dev, so that mean more new developers getting the opportunity
> to write for a new global platform with a big audience.

Not strictly true you know, it costs $99 and I have to be an Apple
customer to develop an app for the iPhone platform, so .. make it
about a $2000 investment.  Whereas with Openmoko I can write for Linux
and I don't have to have the phone.

> At this stage
> Joe Blow Software it getting just as much exposure and opportunity as
> SEGA.

Now that is pretty interesting, I do agree.

Still, I can't fail to speculate that too, some day, there will be a
million people on an .ipk feed..

;
--
Jay Vaughan