Replacing my M3000 [was Focusrite Liquid Mix Opinions?]

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 15 16:18:09 CEST 2008

> From experience, I'd recommend the Kurzweil Rumor {or its
> more expensive big brother, the KSP-8} or the Sony DPS V77.
> They both have character and sound quality to rival
> Lexicon's PCMs, IMHO, but are competitively priced in the
> new and used markets.

I've been intrigued off and on by the KSP-8.  How are the reverb algorithms?
One can always use more effects but the reverb is really what I need to make
sure I have nailed down when I move the M3000.  It looks like the KSP-8 can
be had for around $1000 which is about what I can get for the M3000 but the
DSP-4000 is going to be slightly over $1500. My plan was to sell the TC
M3000 and the Korg A1 to get in the $1500 mark to reinvest.

James R. Coplin

Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class