Getting the worm (SynthDIY)

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jul 9 19:55:09 CEST 2008

Hey Micke

> How are things going with your SID thingie? Don't remember what it was
> called.

http://www.hardsid.com/

Yeah, it’s a beauty.  I know some people don’t like the SID sound but it
really is very versatile and you have to force it to sound like a SID. The
rest of the time it is just a very quirky/dirty analogue monster.
Incredibly powerful bass sounds and if, like me, 95% of your creativity is
through happy accidents, this guy is your bitch..

Each SID can be (it can hold 4 SIDs):
 - a 3 osc mono
 - 3 x single osc multitimberal
 - 3 voice poly (1 osc per voice)

The last one is quirky as hell; press 1 note and this uses osc 1, two notes
chord use osc 1 and osc 2, 3 note chord uses all 3 oscillators.  BUT, each
oscillator can be set up totally differently so you get bizzare stuff for
free.

Then you can use it as a VST effect where you can sent it audio that it
samples at 6000hz as uses this data as a modulation source. It is not
filtering or envelope follower, but something else that I don’t understand.
It sounds like extremely harsh digital distortion of the original sound.
Pretty shite on vocals but firkin ace on music or drums.

Then the best bit is: you get to buy two new synths for £12 for the pair!!
(this is how much Im paying for my next two Commodores)

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"