Attn: Fans of the Fall, Pretty Ladies, Science

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 7 23:43:40 CEST 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> No other country could have produced the Fall. I think Im going to start
> crying..

There is just *one* band that means the rest of the world cannot be completely
ruled out as being capable of seriously challenging the collective consciousness
of humanity to move onto a bigger and better level, and that's Captain
Beefheart, with the pieces on Trout Mask Replica. As Charlie Gillett said:
"Captain Beefheart has chosen to reach us through ugliness" It is true. The
music is ugly. A bit like the bumpy ride in the Space Shuttle is ugly for the
first few minutes.

Of course, the great John Peel saw to it that both these bands got to be heard
and appreciated. He said he probably thought Trout Mask Replica was crap the
first few times he heard it.

Oh, and Charles Ives used to say, Mozart is for wimps.

Dunno why I'm saying all this. Must be the weather. Me likes a bit of thunder
and rain. F'ing gorgeous!

See you guys in Cambridge!

Tony (HB)