I'm no longer scared

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 5 19:26:14 CEST 2008

..of reverb.

There is a great article in this months Sound on Sound (July 98), "Space
Exploration".  I know it sounds dumb but I avoided reverb because I thought
I would lose any upfront-ness.  Indeed, when I listen to our previous track
"All Available Space", I cringe at the amount of reverb I put on some of the
vocals (it sounds like fucking T-Pau!).

Someone in here commented that our "At the Disco" track, the vocals are
alienated from the track, sitting completely on top.  I have spent a few
hours today very cautiously playing around and yep, so far I really like the
results.  One point the article makes regarding vocals is: as a general
rule, reverb on vocals should be almost inaudible until you turn it off.
The use of EQ on reverb is also discussed and just playing around, it is
incredible how you can make the reverb disappear with EQ but, still leaving
the sense of space.

Defo read the article, even if you feel confident with reverb/delay.  It
comes with some audio on their site.

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk

Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU

"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"