SampleSort ... it lives!

James Green EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 4 13:17:33 CEST 2008

> James Green wrote:
> > Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a project of mine.
>
> What does it do? :)

Scans your machine to build a searchable database of all your
sample/audio material.

Once that has been done you can then audition the audio material and
move collections of samples around.  I've basically parked the feature
set at that for the first version to make sure that the base
functionality is rock solid before implementing the further ideas I
have.

> > Really hope some of you are up for it.
>
> I have resigned myself never to install .Net or MP10 on my computers.
> Sorry ;)

Your going to start really missing out ... More and more applications
are going to appear using the Windows Presentation Foundation as they
means of UI design.

.NET 3.5/WPF is the wholesale replacement for Windows Forms ...

As soon as more music software companies get their heads around just
what is possible with WPF I think you'll start to see some seriously
interesting UI's appearing.  What used to take entire classes to achive
with WinForms can be reduced to a single command/paramter in a XAML
declaration.

= richer UI with less management code leaving more CPU for the real
tasks at hand.

Jammer