Machinedrum mkI vs mkII

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jul 3 20:47:59 CEST 2008

Is there enough of a difference in the two versions to really warrant
consideration?  The extended patterns doesn't *seem* like a big deal but
I've never used a MD.  Also, is the sound quality improvements enough to
matter.  I've found one locally for $1100 but it's a mkI with the sample
option.  I could scramble and move some gear to get it if that's a good
price and the mkII is no big thing.

Opinions?  Should I even bother? This is one of those pieces that since it
came out I've thought I wanted but I haven't actually ever been able to sit
down with one.  Talk me into or out of it...

James R. Coplin

Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class