eee pc .. w00t!

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 30 09:04:28 CET 2008

>> bought the 4 gig w/ web cam etc... :)

woot!  get 2gigs DDR RAM for it too, you'll definitely appreciate
having it (and its cheap right now anyway) ..

> no one has the 8 gig version - and I have to limit the amount of
> money I am spending on this anyway :)

heh heh.  don't do that! :)

> here's to checking out ram upgrades and removable storage :)
>

> Jay- the ram is DDR2, what speed?

i put 2 gigs of DDR2 667mhz in mine, and it only saw the first 1gig,
but thats because of a hard-limit in the Xandros kernel.. I will fix
it tonight though because i'm building a realtime kernel (its easy
for me, don't worry i'll share it with you) that has the full 2gigs
enabled as well as being config'ed to provide the best possible
response for audio apps .. and btw, don't be scared off by this
because its very easy to have multiple kernel configs onboard and
still keep the factory setup.  it'll just be a grub option on mine,
and sooner or later there will be a pretty nice way to just put
custom linux configs on the SD card and boot from there - this is a
fancy option for next week, though.  ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan