Crippled Snow

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 20 22:37:08 CET 2008

> Well, I'm probably opening an old can of worms and it's still my
> attitude that I don't see the sense of hardware synths just being
> computers packed into some keyboard housing.

Me either, and that was my point: the interface has to rock.  It
doesn't actually matter if its a computer or two bits of wire glued
together, if you touch the damn thing, it should rock.

But no: its all just about the sound.  The world has 'gone edit',
anyway.  Nobody cares if the knobs are crap or not.

> But to me it's just a waste to have more or less versatile and
> powerful
> hardware not being open enough (hey, can you say Neko?).

Yup.  I think so too.  Big fat DSP's, one little program.

> And no, I'm not being converted to digital ;-)

I had an awesome jam session tonight with nitrotracker and sh101.  It
was all we needed to do 3 long sessions, and we had a blast. I'm
gonna listen to the scratch recordings all week.  Meanwhile, bigger
stuff gathers dust around me.

;
--
Jay Vaughan