Crippled Snow

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 20 22:23:37 CET 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 3:14 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:
> Michael Zacherl schreef:
>
> Well, that's the point, isn't it? People use computers with mice and big
> screens because they find it fits their work flow. If you try to hide
> the fact that it's a computer, you have to take bits away (the mouse?
> the screen?) and it won't fit your work flow any longer.
>
> - Peter

Ahh, but are not mouse and keyboard just one means of abstracting the
1's and 0's of a computer into a form thats useful?  My Virus TI *is*
a computer, but instead of mouse, keyboard and monitor it hs knobs and
LCD and runs only a single application.  The original V-Synth or my G2
ae even better illustration of this, being that the v-synth could be
booted into a number of different 'operating systems' allowing for
different synthesis capabilities.

My watch is a computer.  My phone is a computer.  just about
everything is a computer.   A good interface, be it mouse and keyboard
or knobs and lcd, makes the fact it is a computer irrellevant.

Tony