Crippled Snow

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 20 20:55:40 CET 2008

Jay Vaughan schreef:
>> Access also don't impress me but only because I personally am not
>> interested
>> in their sound/interface etc.

> I don't care any more.  I think the DIY guys are doing far more
> interesting things now.  And unless Access make hardware steps in the
> near future that *really* push things further, in a fun, creative,
> playful way, I don't think I'll be bothered ..

I can see where you're coming from.

OTOH, if I look back to where I came
from - playing acoustic
guitar/piano/flute in the seventies, and
electric guitar/synth starting from the
eighties and onwards - I feel that there
are so many new things today that allow
me to make my own music in so many
different ways in exchange for such a
reasonable investment, that I honestly
can't complain at all.

I'm sure extremely cool new developments
will go on, but it's not like in the
meantime we don't have gear to make
music - and to me, making music is still
what it's all about.
And things like those lightning cubes
that have to be moved and placed on some
surface to make sound; I think they are
funny, but, to be honest, rather boring.
And if they'll invent some new edible
synthesizer particles that make sound
while being digested during peristalsis,
I don't think I would really care ;-)

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n