It pays to be famous:

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 17 13:42:18 CET 2008

Tom

Tom Davies wrote:
>> They don't. But given the sorry state of the NHS and the British health
>> system, an expensive wake-up call like this might finally improve things.
>>
> The sorry state of the NHS? You've been reading too many sensationalist
> scare stories in the paper. It's really not that bad.

Unfortunately, I'm coming to this conclusion not based on newspapers,
but based on just having had a child, having worked with lots of doctors
over the last year, and first hand reports from friends and colleagues.
If all you've ever seen is the NHS, you might think it's ok, but if
you've had the comparison against several other systems within Europe,
it's a shame.

> I don't see how this can improve anything, other than encouraging even
> more people to try and get money for nothing from the tax payer. The
> only thing that will improve the NHS is more funding.

Yes, more funding, better internal communication, and reasonable
priorities. If they save on cleaning personell (which is dirt cheap
compared to others...), they haven't understood the most basic thing.

Bye
Martin