Renaming Live inputs

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 16 00:30:49 CET 2008

I don't think you can do that atm, it has been noted on the "Missing features in L7" thread on the Ableton forums, so maybe in one of the upgrades.

mohsen

----- Original Message ----
From: James R. Coplin <james at ticalun.net>
To: shelter at lists.music-bar.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:45:14 PM
Subject: Renaming Live inputs

So, everytime a new version of Live comes out touting being more
"professional" friendly I download the demo and it drives me crazy.

Is there anyway to rename the audio inputs?  Pairing them up as dual
 mono or
stereo is asinine enough but if I can't rename them then the product is
really useless in any sizable studio environment (like mine).  How am I
supposed to manage inputs 1 through 56 and outputs 1 - 34.  Anyone know
 if
these can be renamed somehow so that I don't have to consult a chart
everytime I use Live?  Worse, if one of my racks is off, or initializes
 in a
different order, "input 12" may not be the same as the last session.

Same applies to the MIDI inputs.  Managing MPX1 - MPX24 is not exactly
 as
useful as being able to label them what is hooked up.

Can anyone shed some light on this or do I need to put Live back in the
rubbish heap again.

James R. Coplin