Miniversion of Virus TI

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 15 11:52:13 CET 2008

Hi Jay

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> in-the-box mixing, so I can't afford to spend too many cycles on
>> soft-synths.

> What I like about RAX is that it presents all the softsynths in an
> interface that really makes it easy to just step through sounds, go
> to a track, lay it down, access parameters easily, go to the next
> track, etc.  Maybe there is something like this on the PC side:
>
> http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/rax/
>
> The way this integrates with onboard softsynths really makes it easy
> to move into production without worrying about setup/config issues..

Isn't that mostly aimed a live music playing? I don't think I'd hit the
performance limitations that quickly when doing live work (that I
haven't done for a while...) - after all, I only have ten fingers. (ok,
maybe if I fire up a dense arrangement on the P3...). But I tend to use
rather more dense arrangements for studio tracks, where I'm definitely
not the minimalistic type. And I can't be bothered to buy a new computer
at the moment...

Bye
Martin

--