Miniversion of Virus TI

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 14 19:23:52 CET 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 12:06 PM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
> > On my TI desktop, I use the USB only as a way of getting MIDI to/from
> > the PC and to use the integration software only as a librarian.  I get
> > lower latency using is SPDIF output into my sound card and one of
> > lives 'external instruments' than I do when I use the USB to buss the
> > audio over.
>

> my personal opinion was, all along, that people would start to do
> this if USB didn't work well enough..

and, really, it doesnt.  I can get better latency with a standard VSTi
softsynth and it doesnt tend to crash my machine (running the audio
through does..but MIDI is fine).  Oddly, though, if I use cubase the
latency is near zero.  But...i dont use cubase as my primary
application.

I was tepid about the TI implementation.  Seems like they tried to get
it out before anyone else did, but the reason everyone else hasnt done
it is because they are waiting for the cost of implementing usb2.0 or
firewire to come down..

Tony