Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 31 16:24:04 CEST 2008

Hey Martin - thanks for the info.

> The MK2 added 24bit converters over the MK1, and the MK3 introduced
> 96kHz recording. Unless you want 96k, I wouldn't be too bothered about
> mk2 vs. mk3.

Im not bothered about 96k so thanks.

I just read that the old 324 card also does not have any DSP so you can not
do zero latency stuff.  I will keep to the 424 card..

Great price on your 424 and 2 x 1224!

> If I was you, I'd probably go hunting for a used 24I/O (typical asking
> price seems to be between £500 and £700) or a 2408mk3 if you want to use
> your existing equipment. You always hook up the old interfaces to a new
> PCI-424, but you can't run an old PCI card in a modern computer...

Good to know that the old interfaces are compatible with the 424..

The only thing I don’t like about the 24io card is that it means I have a
big group of ADs in one place.  I like the other approaches as it means I
can run single TDIF or ADAT lines to different batches of gear.

Its interesting that once you start taking everything into consideration,
the Motu stuff looks positively cheap!

Good stuff..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"