Soundcard Options (Mixerless)

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 30 17:33:40 CEST 2008

Hey all - time to once again go mixerless!

Anyone had any experience with ESI interfaces?  I don't think I have really
come across them until now.  This one is positively reviewed in this months
SoS

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esi_esu_1808.htm

Im also considering keeping my RME 9632 card as it has 2 lots of ADAT.  So,
the obvious choice for this would be:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_ultragain_pro8_digital_ada8000.htm

Everything you read about the ADA8000 seems to be very positive from
users/reviews.  I like the idea of having little 8x8 interfaces jotted
around; like most people, my studio is in 2 or 3 separate distinct areas and
its always messy/painful running all of these back to a single big
mixer/interface.

Btw: My driver for all of this is the wonderful external synth/effect
holders that now come in Live.  Having a dedicated pair of i/o for say, an
analogue delay, mean you can treat it just like any VST - just drop it in
and it works. You can even freeze etc.  I do this already and its fab.  My
only problem is I only have 8x8 io into my DAW.

It's a lovely day in London. Very sunny and Im about to start the compulsory
BarBQ; just got to pop to the garage to get 5 litres of "starter fuel"
(unleaded).

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"