Open Source Guitar Pedal

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 28 15:00:55 CEST 2008

Marc,

M-.-n wrote:
> http://www.gorehole.org/nostromo/

Just read your entry regarding mp3 quality, and I have to say I'm rather
surprised that you heard such a big difference between the MP3 and the
FLAC. I wouldn't doubt a difference, but on an IPod with background
noise on the street???

It would be interesting to re-encode with the same bitrate from the FLAC
files and then listen again.

What I find even more interesting though is the comment regarding
availability of 96k files etc. I was under the impression that today's
music quality isn't so much limited by the distribution medium (CD), but
rather by the production "values" - read overcompression and limiting
until the ears are bleeding.

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch