New track

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 24 14:47:24 CEST 2008

Mikael Hansson wrote:
> Finished a new track this morning:
> <http://hem.bredband.net/electro2/mh_how_much_premix.mp3>

Sounds cool - typical Micke - and definitely asks for vocals.

I'd mix it a bit differently, though. The syncopated bass is much too
prominent, particularly during the quieter phases with the pad in the
background. I'd probably automate the filter to tackle this issue: close
it down somewhat to make space for the other sounds, but open it up when
it's nearly "solo". I'd also try some minor, slow LFO modulation there
to introduce a bit of motion.

I also feel it sounds a bit thin when you use the square wave sounds
(e.g. starting around 1:15), I'd try to find something to fill in the
low mids. The problem might already be solved when you filter the
syncopated bass, as it automatically moves its main energy down in the
spectrum.

Last but not least: I think it's a bit overcooked during the final
master. Give it a bit more space to breathe - meaning reduce
compression. Just a touch should do.

Martin