MetaLAB in the UK?

Jon Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 22 12:21:16 CEST 2008

Paul Maddox wrote:
>  I've been thinking, I like the idea of the austrian metalab, I was
> wondering if anyone had thought of doing the same here in the UK?
> Are there any such things/places already?

There's Openlab (more of a software thing) and Dorkbot which both get
the right sort of people together in London but I can't think of anyone
offering a permanent space for hacking on things.  Openlab used to meet
in a squat in East London when I was involved so there was a good amount
of a space available but no real facilities.  Having said that, I'm a
bit out of that scene at the moment so something might have sprung up
that I haven't heard about.

Jonny