New music

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 22 09:57:03 CEST 2008

Hey Micke,
  Thanks for the info.  What you did certainly did enhance the track and
gave it more life.  I will try your methods at the source to see if I
can improve it myself.  I never think to eq the master bus and usually
just eq the individual tracks.  I don't think I even have a multiband
limiter so I will have to get my hands on one.

Regards,

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Mikael
Hansson
Sent: 22 August 2008 06:44
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: New music

Gorman, Declan wrote:
> Hey Micke,
>   Thanks for listening.  I thought the production sounded ok until I
listened to your results.  What exactly did you do to the track to make
it sound so good?

First some eq, 2 dB lift at around 3.5 kHz and 1dB highshelving from 10
kHz. Then added some saturation and finally into a multiband limiter to
even out the frequency ranges a bit, enhancing everything from around
500 Hz and upward.

It became a bit overcooked though. It would probably sound better if you

first had done something to your sounds.

I'll let you know my secret mantra: Adjust the cutoff frequency until
you think it sounds perfect, then raise it a bit :)

/Micke