cool .. make your own monome controller ..

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 21 00:25:36 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan schreef:

> I mean, with DIY moving definitely into pro-sumer territory in this
> market (controllers), whats going to happen next?  Think there'll be
> more innovation from the big players now that the garage guru's are
> encroaching on the territory?

Only if there's money to be made.

A substantial amount of keyboard players (let's call the electronic
musicians that for the sake of argument) just want a box that works. And
whilst the big players introduce proper synthesisers every now and then,
don't forget the market for electronic organs and performance keyboards.

Go to a church, or a hockey match, or a wedding. Not much chance to see
a 'real' synthesiser, but all the more to see such a performance
instrument. And I'd hazard a guess that this market is substantially
bigger than professional and amateur synthesiser players combined.

- Peter