New Bike

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 14 20:11:46 CEST 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Jonny Stutters wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2008, at 21:41, The Dong <dong at f2s.com> wrote:
>
>> Andy Tarpinian wrote:
>>> interesting, but I will not be taking off the brakes :)
>>
>> I need gears and brakes..
>>
>> Why use only one gear?
>> Is it just a fad, or is there a real advantage?
>
> Less to maintain and a more efficient drive train supposedly. Makes
> more sense in flat cities like London and New York than it does up
> your way where you've got real hills 'n' all that.

right, and FUN!

Unfortunately the bike I ordered was not in stock, even though the
site said it was at the time. I compromised on the size and model a
bit cuz that's all that was in stock and wanted something immediately.
So I canceled the now pre-order. I will probably get a ss/fixed gear
down the road a bit and most likely build it up myself if I can do it
for a comparable price.

But I was able to snag my uncles 1980's Raleigh Grand Prix 10 speed,
nothing like a little bicycle recycling.