Well, That was Interesting

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 13 16:21:40 CEST 2008

Niall Munnelly wrote:
> So, they sent me home, citing a plethora of probable causes
> - a strained muscle in the thorax.  Pleurisy.  Anxiety.  My
> chest and arm still feel like a great dane is sitting on
> them.

Once I really did have a trapped nerve in my neck, the osteopath fixed
it in two sessions. This gave me horrendous headaches and muscle spasms
down my back.

I used to get frequent dizzy spells, fainting and collapse (on standing
up fast mainly), palpitations, crazy headaches, nosebleeds, insomnia
caused by anxiety of listening to heartbeat, which was nearly always
racing or irregular, very frequent sleep apnea (nearly always
accompanied by out of body dreams and awakening in a state of shock. I
still get these, but have learned that sleeping on my back actually
causes them, so can avoid it). Various other symptoms, like twitches,
REMs while awake (rapid eye movement, f'ing annoying) and unexplainable
sensations, which lasted years on and off and were very worrying. I only
once went to my GP who tested my blood pressure and heart rate only,
said they were normal and let me go.

A farging mess.

Since eating better foods, getting reasonable exercise, dumping the
notion of doing any shit work just for the money and, loath to say it,
quitting smoking entirely, I have had none of these attacks. I still
drink, to excess, at least once a month and have wine with food and the
beers etc. drink lots of tea and have not cut out junk snacks.

All I worry about now is the odd minor back pain caused by bad posture
and our really crap dentist (and the odd spot).

Doctors tell all patients to quit or cut down smoking and ditch fatty foods.

It's self inflicted ;)