New track

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 11 23:57:49 CEST 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> Hey Micke
>
>> <http://hem.bredband.net/electro3/mam_desert_premix.mp3>
>
> Ive listened to this prob a dozen times now since your post.  I keep trying
> to put my finger on what it reminds me of, however, I realise that it does
> not remind me of anything in particular, rather, it reminds me of that great
> post-punk electronic European era. I say 'euro' as the euro stuff was always
> a bit darker than the UK scene (not that Im an expert, just going on what I
> was exposed to).

Any examples that I can relate to?

Our style fluctuates though, it depends on how pushy *I* am :)
Mathias was more into DM, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy in his youth but has
nowadays moved more into softer electronic or acoustic music, sort of
gmaj7 to dminor+11 type of music and he loves to play Mark Knopfler
riffs on his stratocaster :)

I have always had this harder electronic or industrial music as part of
my influences combined with a more direct approach to making music -
"this sounds good, we'll take it!" :)

> But anyway, really great track and right up my alley.  I love the vocals -
> there is something really captivating about non native English speaking
> vocals in this sort of music; they really add to the darkness, I guess..
>
> Good stuff.  Very jealous that you can do this in one day!  I must be the
> slowest person in the Bar..

I guess we compliment each other well, I'm good at coughing up workable
8bar ideas and Mathias is good at bringing them into a whole song.

Thanks for listening and commenting!

/Micke