iphone opinon

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 11 19:18:42 CEST 2008

All,

Comments about the Blackberry I got for work.

>> 1: No copy-paste (duh)
>
> yay!

Does that.

>> 2: Battery life only 1-2 days
>
> same with the Freerunner.  Boo!  :(

It seems to last forever, I've had it three weeks and charged it twice.

>> 3: Backing up through iTunes can still take quite a while (16 GB)
>
> Plus, don't forget, you do not own that backup.  iTunes does!
> Backing up on Freerunner: insert SD card, press 'backup', off you
> go .. put the SD wherever you want, you own it.

The Blackberry has some software that does that for you... Or you can use
the micro SD.

> We have 9 different keyboards in Freerunner land, and your wish could
> be implemented in about 15 minutes.

Got one keyboard with the blackberry, but it's a real one :-)

> Oooh .. this one does suck.  Can't back up over Wlan?

Blackberry has a micro-sd, only down side is, it's under the battery (what
prat thought of that!).
Takes a standard mini-b USB lead so you can just copy it over USB.
And it has wifi (the 8320 does, the 8310 has GPS instead).

>> 6: Connection not always as good as with my last phone
>> Everyday life with this thingy is really awesome, though.
>> Any other opinions?
>
> I think I will get one, just because all of you guys have one, and I
> want to write apps for pocket-based stuff (w1xer.at) so ermm .. tee
> hee .. can I please join the club?

The Blackberry is awesome, I love it.. It just works.
The OS is simple enough, and it's not micro-shite.
It opens word docs, excel files and PDFs (I've not tested others yet).
You can get media players for it (and play MP4/divx movies) and it seems
pretty nippy when it comes to executing things.

*IF* I ever go back to a contract phone rather than PAYG, I'd get one (the
8320) in a flash.

Paul