eee pc 901...

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 9 03:53:08 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at chello.nl> wrote:

> To be honest, I really don't know if you can do "Big Stuff" on an
> eee pc. It's a small machine with an Intel Atom 1.6 GHz,  12 GB
> SSD, 1 GB RAM and it's only 1.1 kg.
> Personally, I haven't tried yet. I have read about people doing
> Photoshop and other heavy stuff. You might want to check the web
> on this.
> I am planning to do all the usual internet stuff, Plus some photo
> editing and hopefully just a bit of Ableton Live. Oh, and movies
>  - works like a charm :-)
> --

I'd think it might work, if his expectations arent that high (i.e. you
wont be running soft synths or doing big multi-track mixes on it), but
it could work for most of what he describes.

Something to remember:  The PC i finished my first album was a Pentium
II 450mhz with 128 meg of ram.  It worked then, it can work now.

Tony