Paul's Sunsyn >> Re: Drehbank (was: midi slider box kit thingies)

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 3 23:21:38 CEST 2008

Hey Niall

> So, c'mon, Paul, whatcha think?
> The envelopes on that bidnez is tight!

Yeah, it's a great synth. I have not used it as much as I would have liked
over the last few weeks as a lot going on and we have 3 song ideas being
developed.  But for sure, it's a keeper; its one of those synths that is
completely faultless - you really can not criticise it on any level
especially on the level that I now value the most: interface.  I can
honestly say that it has the best interface out of any synth I have ever
used (discounting one function/one knob synths like the sh101 etc).  95% has
its own knob and the other stuff is implemented just so incredibly well.

Other than 20 minute playing sessions, I did manage to compare it to my
MKS80 when I recently rediscovered it.  I imagines that when comparing like
for like, the Jomox would suddenly show its lack of character.  However, it
completely held its own.  Using lots of very simple patches replicated on
each synth, there were differences in sound but neither really sounded
better.  The Jomox always sounded a little more edgy but I like that.

Great stuff..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"