Arduino Shields

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 3 17:52:16 CEST 2008

Paul Maddox wrote:
>  I saw a couple of people with Arduino prototype shields at SDIY, where di
> you guys get them?

I got mine from PCB Europe:
http://pcb-europe.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=47&osCsid=3bbb92d9d76f8751c2f6b051bb91fdbf

I think quite a few other of the EU vendors carry them as well.

>  Also, is it possible to write some assembly language using the Arduino IDE?

I'm pretty sure you can use inline assembly, as the IDE is really
nothing more than a thin pre-compiler and wrapper. I don't see why you'd
want to do that though, when C is probably as efficient if you
understand what the compiler does behind the scenes.

Martin