Matrix

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 3 17:36:13 CEST 2008

Michael,

> The Xpander's 16 types are a bit of a compromise due to restrictions
> of the CEM3372 used in the Xpander (I love this synth, BTW!).
> But that was the starting point ...

It's not really a restricton of the filter (which I thought was an SSM2040).
The idea is a simple one, take each of the four poles and put the into a
VC-Mixer, with the option to invert them. For a fifth input include the
original signal, again with mix and invert options.

All you need is a 5 input VC-Mixer with invert option for each input. A
simple micro to remember and recall the settings you choose.

> This thing should be much more generic, not only used for filter(s),
> but could be part of sort of an uber-filter, if someone wishes that.

Huh?
"not for a filter.... Sort of uber-filter"
Either it's a filter or it's not, or am I missing something?

> So that it could be used as a stand-alone module/unit or as part of
> something else.
> Basically a large µC-controlled network of VCAs.

Simple enough.
SSM2164 should suffice.

Paul