gonna make some music...

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 2 11:48:56 CEST 2008

On Aug 2, 2008, at 10:47 , Peter Korsten wrote:

> Could you substantiate that? Because given the trouble and expense we
> went through just to host MMS abroad, my employer seems to think
> otherwise.

That's simply argument by authority :)

MMS is just e-mail where the telco can charge per message. For the
consumer e-mail is superior. It is free, it is widely used and it is
more flexible.

E-mail is here and not going away. MMS came in and got a bit wider
support on the mobile platform than e-mail (just for sending pics
though). As soon as most phones support decent e-mail it will go again.

I've only once received an MMS. Which was from you, and I couldn't
read it. My MMS-supporting SE K610EM just told me that I had to visit
some web page and log in. Hmm.

I think the only reason MMS is used at all today is to send pictures
taken with the phone and only because the interface on most phones is
not easy enough to do it by e-mail.

If you want I can show you with some screen shots how you take a pic
on the iPhone and e-mail it to someone?

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL