Question Logic8 / Macs

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 27 19:13:40 CEST 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:

> I just received my Logic 8 upgrade. It's
> a freaking Russian Doll! Box in box in
> box in box in box. Really!
>
> Anyhow, I was wondering, before I
> install this on my ageing Alu Powerbook
> 1.5 GHz. Will it work on this machine?
>
> Perry advised getting a MacMini. OK,
> good idea. But what about using that
> MacMini, connected to the Alu PowerBook,
> as an extra CPU for power (how does that
> work anyway?)

Mac computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor (PowerPC
G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor highly recommended)
1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
Display with 1024-by-768 resolution (1280-by-800 or higher recommended)
Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
QuickTime 7.2 or later
DVD drive for installation
PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire based audio interface
recommended

Should work, in my experience apple apps get faster on older hardware
with each new version. But what's your OS? if your not on tiger I'm
pretty sure it's a complete no go.