ot:floorplan/cad software

dancingGoat EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 23 17:36:23 CEST 2007

Tony Scharf wrote:
> OK, maybe not really OT because I am trying to figure out the floor
> plan for my new studio space, as well as where I am going to apply
> acoustic treatments and so forth.
>
> anyway, I am looking for some cheap/free software that I can use to
> help in this process.  I did some googling, but I couldn't find
> anything that didn't look like it was either overkill or over
> simplified.

I've used a program called Smartdraw for doing floor plans. It's not free -
(US$197) but you do get a free trial period which will tell you if you like it
enough to buy. Everything else I tried was way more expensive or really crap.

BTW smartdraw is a bit crap in some aspects but good in others. It enabled my to
quite easily map a floor plan of our new house and plan alterations as layers.

Mark-AKA-Goat