Question: recording live musicians / clipped audio

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 19 15:07:55 CEST 2007

The Dong wrote:
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>>> very good and *clean* recording chain that maintains the dynamics (no,
>>> tubes are not a good idea).
>
> They were fine back in the day and still are ;)

Well, every technology has its place. But modern tube gear is designed
to add character, with noise-free operation and huge dynamic range not
typically among the top priorities of the design specs.

For faithful reproduction of classical music, I'd take high quality
solid state technology over tubes any day.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch