reactable

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 18 23:48:19 CEST 2007

On 18.Sep, 2007, at 20:27 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> My point is that, intuition is guided quickly by muscle memory, and
> performance aided by tactile reference to a learned physical space.
>
> That this much may aid improvements to computer-music technologies I
> would have thought is a positive suggestion!

Hi Tony,

you certainly have a good point there and I think i misunderstood
your criticism.

One example of an almost good concept could be Jazzmutant's Lemur.

It's nice to have a multi-touch screen with configurable user
interface elements. But I don't like the idea that if you want to
control, say Ableton live with it, you will have to recreate Live's
user interface on it -- a bit more work than it needs to be, I think.

Also, of course with multitouch you have no tactile feedback
whatsoever. unless someone finds a way to put force-feedback into
those...

Kai

canine_at_waf80_dot_de                            good night europe.
http://kainiggemann.de                           <your name here>
johanniterstrasse 17				  48145 Muenster