Ireland!

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 14 18:46:19 CEST 2007

> There's so much to do, I really shouldn't waste the sunny
> weather I apparently dragged with me on making the dog crazy
> or reading Wikipedia.  I visited my friend's widow {he died
> last year} before coming to Ireland, and she asked me to
> take his ashes and bury him somewhere nice.  What a task.

Ireland is a holy land, so its as good as place as any for the job.

> I drove through all the old haunts in upstate NY with him {his
> remains?  When does the person end and the unperson begin?},
> though I didn't do anything weird, like have conversations.

if you were to have conversations with him, would it be him or just
versions of him that are running on you, like software copies, over
and over .. that would, factually, be entirely up to you.  nothing
crazy about that, in my opinion.

> So, I think I know the spot - the top of a mountain I
> climbed in younger and considerably skinnier days.  I think
> I'll need a day or at least an afternoon to get up there,
> now.  I hope the weather holds out.

i hope the weather holds out too, for you, your friend and his hill,
and for all of us.  wonderful to have a bit of sunny warmth, after
the last weeks rains .. i gotta say, cold vienna rain blows.  i hope
it goes snowy quick, aargh!

;
--
Jay Vaughan