reactable

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 13 00:06:00 CEST 2007

Gert van Santen schreef:

> I guess it depends on the "modules" that
> are used and combined. Perhaps the users
> are not experienced enough. Somehow it
> looks a bit like a simple modular system
> to me. With simple I mean you don't have
> to know what it does or why. It just
> makes noise, whatever you do...

(By the way, what
happened to your
mailer that your
e-mails end up
looking somewhat
narrow?)

The big difference with a modular synthesiser, though, is that the
'shape' of the sound (or timbre, or whatever you want to call it) and
the melody end up in one big muddle. There's no separation between one
and the other.

In general, I'm in favour of separating things that, at closer
inspection, are not really related: business and presentation logic
whilst programming, but also timbre and melody.

So I see the point for sound design, but not as a full musical
instrument, unless you're happy if all your songs sound like
bleep-bleep-woink-woink.

- Peter