New 'puter

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 12 22:09:39 CEST 2007

Peter Korsten wrote:
> Mikael Hansson schreef:
>
>> Finally starting to catch up with all software installations. Got myself
>> a quite good machine:
>>
>> Core2Quad 2.4GHz, 4GB, 750GB
>> A very silent Antec P150 Case
>> A fanless Asus 8600GT graphics card
>
> Nice specs. How much did this set you back, preferably in a common
> currency like the euro or the Maltese lira? :)

This costed me just above 1250 euro. Got a quite expensive motherboard,
Gigabyte P35-DQ6 with passive cooling and good overclocking reviews.

> In my computer, I've recently replaced the CPU and case fans, which now
> light up blue. The noise hasn't necessarily gone down, but it has changed.
>
> One fan is mounted in a rubber mount, so that the vibrations aren't
> transmitted as much to the case. The power supply is in a similar rubber
> mount. The other fan has its own contraption, and can't be mounted in
> rubber. Then there's the video card, which I won't touch and therefore
> might be noisy.
>
> I also got dust covers for the fans, but haven't gotten round to
> mounting them yet...

The powersupply that came with the case is very nice and quiet. It's an
Antec Neo HE with a modular cable system so I only plug in the cables I
need. The case has a rear mounted 120mm fan with a switch for three
different speeds. There's place for two 92mm fans at the front with
dustcovers already in place.

It's a very quiet computer. It's right beneath me right now and its
sound disappears in the noise from my external harddisc, three meters away.

/Micke