RAID

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 5 08:14:29 CEST 2007

M@ Pic1 schreef:

> Does anyone have a suggestion how I can best (and relatively most
> affordably) get an external RAID device going here?
>
> I need at least 1TB... 2 would be optimal as I have a lot of exposure to
> loss across machines. Noise level is a concern for me.

Most modern motherboards come with four SATA connectors these days, and
some sort of BIOS support for RAID. You could put one of these
motherboards (which would also include on-board video out and network)
in a 19" rack, together with four 500 GB drives. Then you can install a
simple installation of Windows or Linux and share the disc space.

Tony's solution seems more hassle-free and hardly any more expensive,
though.

- Peter