mono synth question

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 2 18:02:44 CEST 2007

> > p.s. if you could accept a synth with keys, imho you cant go wrong
> > with a MonoEvolver Keyboard.
>
> Hm, good idea. What about the mono Evolver?

The only difference between the two (aside from the keys) is the
Arpegiator and the knobby interface.  imho, the knobby interface makes
the complexity of the evolver easy to manage.  there is, of course,
good editor software available for it and I would imagine that would
help tremendously.  personally, i dont like the grid style editing
system where you select a row via buttons on the left, and then the
knobs at the top adjust the parameter.  Some people love it, of
course, I am just not one of them.

The MEK is an absolutely beautiful 3 octave solo synth.  Of all the
evolvers (including the PEK) I imagine this one is going to be
eventually regarded as the 'classic'.

Tony