mono synth question

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 2 17:14:03 CEST 2007

I recently went on a hunt for exactly what you describe.  I finally
settled on a used Studio Electronics ATC-1 (the original, not the
newer ATC-X).

While the ATC does NOT have a knobby interface (its one serious
drawback), I absolutely love its sound.  Ive been out and played a
Moog LP (almost bought instead) but I really like the sound of the ATC
better.

Right now, I only have the default Moog filter cartridge built in.
Ive been thinking of getting the (reasonably priced) upgrade kit that
can install 3 additional filters (ARP, Oberheim SEM, and TB303)
filters, but ulitmately I am happy with it as it is for what I use it
for.

The other options I found were the Studio Electronics SE-1x, Code, and
Omega Series,  The Moog Little Phatty and Voyager.   The costs on
those very quite widely, and I ultimately settled on the ATC because
it came up used at half the price of the next nearest item.

Tony

p.s. if you could accept a synth with keys, imho you cant go wrong
with a MonoEvolver Keyboard.