Midi Interfaces

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 28 22:48:29 CET 2007

Hi Paul

punkdISCO wrote:
> "Hmmm... One big question: How are you going to distribute midi clock?
> ...But whatever you buy, make sure it handles clock well."

> Im pretty sure Live can now(finally) send clock to multiple outputs.  So I
> guess if I have three 4x4 interfaces, I can send clock to all 12 outputs if

As long as you are in PC mode, that should work then - at least
theoretically.

> I wish?  Or are you talking about the clever stuff that some interfaces do
> where you have a dedicated "clock port" that you can send clock to and then
> the interface distributes this for you?  My existing interface does this and

That's what I had in mind. I most definitely wouldn't want to be without
that feature, particularly for casual jams! Just hit play on either the
drum machine or the P3, and all the other synths get proper clock. I
think none of my "Friday Night" recordings would have worked without that.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch